Friday, October 10, 2008

Know When To Hold 'Em, Know When to Fold 'Em

One quiet morning, while the girls were in school, Ben and I were spending some precious time on the front porch. Between his one and two word phrases, and grunts, groans and pointing... we were able to figure out the activity that he was begging to play.



We found the dice he was pointing to, and then mimicked an activity I have done with the girls for fun. We roll the dice, and then add the dots on each die to get the sum. We usually have pencil and paper on hand to tally the results. So, Ben pointed to and acquired the dice, paper and crayons. We were set.


Ben's "way" is to manipulate the dice when they don't roll the way he likes...


...and to give a hearty cheer and clap when he gets just what he was hoping for!


We must not forget the writing of our new addition sentences.


And, of course, we only end the activity with a result we are proud of!


3 comments:

Johanna said...

He is getting so big! What a cutie! I'm glad everyone is feeling better. Miss you!

Mer said...

Did I mention how thankful I am that I can see your family "happenings" at least weekly now. I just get so excited when I see you've been lurking on the blog again. I love seeing that sweet boy grow. I can't believe I don't know him:) What precious time you have with him. Give your mamma a kiss for me Ben!

becca said...

I love it that he wants to do just what Anna and Sarah do - especially when he's got his mama all to himself!