Monday, December 1, 2008

Material Girls

Anna and Sarah just completed a unit on Materials. They worked with, learned about, and created all kinds of things out of various materials.



Here are Anna and Sarah trying to weigh the VERY heavy plasticene (or clay) models they made. It took a LOT of wooden counters to get them off the ground.
Sarah has just completed a circuit and her little light bulb was shining - but not as much as she was when it finally worked!


Anna, and her friend Marie, made a model of a person out of fabric:

Sarah, and her friend Malaika, made a model person out of rubber materials:




A close-up of little rubber man:

Here is the man made out of metal materials:

Anna and Sarah put on a class performance where they shared a song and play about their unit.


Anna is dressed up as "Paper Man". She bravely stood tall in front of all the elementary students, teachers and parents, and spoke loudly and clearly:
"I am a light and flat Paper Man.
Pens and pencils write on me.
I have tissues for my hair,
And I'll pack your groceries."

Well done, girls!

1 comment:

becca said...

Great job, Anna and Sarah!!! I loved the men you made out of different materials - very creative! You're learning so much at school! (and Jenn, I love the title to this post! Brings me back!!!!)