Tuesday, December 2, 2008

For The Sake of Argument...

This morning, as Sarah was getting ready to head out the door, I noticed that Sarah's backpack was quite full. Then I remembered that since she stayed home to rest yesterday it was still full of her "Monday stuff" (ie. swimming stuff, library books, etc...). So, as I started to take things out Sarah pleaded with me to just leave those things in her bag because she wanted to get stronger. Then I asked her who usually bikes her backpack to school. "Daddy." she replied. I continued to take things out, but she was clearly unhappy. When I finished I said, "Here you go! Much lighter!" She looked at the ground and mumbled,"But I wanted it darker."

2 comments:

becca said...

HA! Too funny. Sometimes kids just love to argue!

Mer said...

oh my goodness!!! Sweet Sarah....what will we do with kids and "the last word". I talked to allie yesterday about "talking back"...for the millionth (is that a word) time, and she finally said, "I don't even know what talking back means!!!!!" It's like going around in circles sometimes! I'm sure we were never like that! I loved the post about the school stuff. They are busy little beavers...Allie loved seeing it all and wanted to do the same thing! Sheewww..