Friday, August 1, 2008

Happy Birthday to Sarah!!!!



So, how do you celebrate a special birthday on a cold, rainy day in Moshi? Sarah's plan was to have a family tennis date, go swimming and then have friends over for dinner. When the weather argued with us the next morning we had a backup plan... How about a cinnamon roll breakfast, open family presents and package from Gramma, Pop-Pop and Aunt Joy Holcomb, play inside with the presents, go out for lunch, play some more, have a dinner and movie night with friends? WOW! What a day we had! Sarah turned 5 for sure and informed us the next morning that it was STILL her birthday until her package from Gramma and PopPop Osborne arrives... therefore, depending on how efficient the Tanzanian postal service feels like being will determine the true length of Sarah's birthday. We'll keep you "posted" on that one!

In the meantime, Sarah is enjoying life as a five year old and is already looking forward to becoming 6...

5 comments:

Mer said...

Sweet Sarah, I cannot believe you are 5 years old. You are a beautiful girl. Kiss your family for us. We miss you as always.

K said...

Hi Jenn - I noticed a link to your blog on Johanna Campbell's blog. It struck my interest b/c I did short-term missions in Moshi a long time ago (1997) and I've always wanted to return there. Now we have 2 children (Ethan is 5 and Anna is 4) and I thought it would be too difficult to persue missions in East Africa while they're so young, but its encouraging to see your family there. Johanna says your husband works at the school. Do you do missions work aside from teaching? Anyway - I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog.
Kelly

Johanna said...

Awwww! Happy Birthday Sarah! I can't believe how big your girls are getting! Iain was just remembering the other day when you guys were at our house for the BBQ when you were home (I can't believe some of the stuff he remembers). Apparently, Anna and Sarah were showing Iain how to throw balls on the roof of the garage.... he still can't get the balls that high. I guess he had a memoriable day with them!

sarah said...

Hey! What an excellent name for a 5 year old- or a 30 year old....i like your family!

I was having a bored moment and found you- what fun!

becca said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Sarah! I know your actual birthday has passed, but it's never too late to celebrate a birthday. :) We love you! Caleb and Ariel can't wait to see you again.