Saturday, August 23, 2008

Anna's Book of Wonders

This morning, Anna decided she wanted to create a book. She said she wanted it to be a Book of Wonders. When I asked her what she meant, she said, "I just want to draw all of the things that I wonder if they are real."
The following is the result:
"My Book of wonders is about what I dreamed and wished to be real:
I want that mermaid castle to be true. I wish I could be a mermaid someday.

I wish I could be her, swinging in the hammock in the desert. I wonder if it is real.


I wonder if Santa Claus would come to my house when I am awake. I wish that reindeer would be seen and Santa Claus.


There are different types of houses in the world that are real, that I like. (note the top of the picture) I am learning about this in school.


4 comments:

Mer said...

Jenn!That is the most precious post. I LVOED it. She's quite the little artist as well. Anna doesn't even know the treasure that her book will be to you for years to come. HOw is school going??? Do they get to see each other at recess??? Love you much, Mer

Johanna said...

those pictures are so cute and creative! I bet the girl swinging in the hammock in the desert could be real....especially where you live!

Aunt DeBBie T. said...

Hey to my sweet red headed GREAT niece in Moshi and all the rest of your family. From your red headed GREAT Aunt DeBBie T from OHIO USA. I have been enjoying all the news and pictures of all of you.
Anna, your book was "Wonderful". Keep expressing your heart.
Sarah is a gem, Benjamin is ALL BOY. Can't get over how quickly he is growing. My memory is holding him while he slept at the family gathering in Michigan when you all were home in 2007.
Our granddaughter, Sabra, has started 4th grade on Thursday, August 21. You played with her when you were here in USA after Ben was born.
Uncle John continues to bake and cook delicious meals and desserts.
Again, it good to "see" you all in picture form and hear of your exciting adventures.
Love and hugs to all of youl
Aunt DeBBie T.

becca said...

What a precious book! I love getting glimpses into the mind of a child.